WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Thrilling, challenging and rewarding – our experiences bring about new friendships and memories that last a lifetime. We have everything covered so you can relax and enjoy the experience.
INSPIRIT RETREAT EXPERIENCE
- We are personally committed to service excellence
- Pre-trip preparation to make sure you get the best out of your holiday
- Expert support
- All 1-1 or semi private training
- Yoga classes
- Personal hosts, fitness trainers, coaches, support drivers and chef
- Intimate group sizes up to 8 guests with personalised support
- Educational workshops and seminars (hormones, stress management, diet, weight loss)
- The option of time off to enjoy sightseeing and an opportunity to embrace the culture of the local area
- You are never left on your own or feel out of your depth at any time
- Four or five nights accommodation with en-suite and heated pool
- Premium self catered villa in a great location
- All meals including dining out for 2 meals at local restaurants
- Use of Cascade Wellness Spa facilities
- Unlimited hot and cold drinks at the villa
- Morning smoothies, blender drinks and pre-workout formulas
- We provide air conditioned shuttle mini vans for comfort and quicker transfer times to the airport and training facilities
- Supplementation packs are included depending on your goals and needs
- Delicious, satisfying and nutritious meals prepared at the villa with the opportunity to sample local restaurants on select evenings
- Welcome pack including t-shirt
- Photos taken throughout your holiday
- Optional four weeks of continued support on your return
We strongly recommend that you check your documents prior to travel, confirm that your insurance is valid for this experience and pack your gym gear. Our hosts, guides and coaches are at your service to help you with anything you need.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct validity and documentation required for your holiday. You are responsible for organising your own air travel. We are unable to accept any liability if you are unable to travel or are refused entry on any transport or in any country because you have failed to carry the correct documents.
Travel insurance is a prerequisite to travelling with us. EHIC cards are applicable if you are a British passport holder and travelling within the EU. It entitles you to the same level of medical care that a national of the country you are visiting will receive without charge. Please check the expiry date on existing cards. If you are hiring a car then please ensure that you take your license with you. We strongly recommend you advice your insurer of the nature of your holiday to confirm validity.
FIRST AID AND SAFETY
You should always carry a first aid kit with you when you travel and ensure that any essential medication you require is carried in your hand luggage (in case of any luggage delays). You will need to ensure that you have the relevant accompanying documentation for any medication and that it complies with all of the rules and regulations regarding items that you are allowed to carry on board an aircraft. We will provide medic support and a support vehicle on where necessary.
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
For your own comfort we recommend you bring:
- two pairs of good trainers (fitness / running)
- sportswear – some days we will be training twice in one day
- informal leisure leisure wear
- Casual clothes for eating out (2 nights)
- Flip flops
- Comfortable footwear
- Sunglasses, hat, sun protection cream, after sun lotion
Most major credit cards are accepted in our destinations. However, we would recommend you avoid depending on American Express or Diner’s Club as these are less widely accepted. It is generally worth advising your bank that you are travelling overseas to ensure that you do not have any issues using your card abroad. If you travel with cash then please ensure you keep it safe and secure. Also check the limitations of your travel insurance.
We provide basic toiletries at the villa however you should take all that you need with you.
Chargers for cameras, phones, tablets etc. – whilst we recommend switching off on holiday, please remember the chargers for any electronic equipment you want to use whilst away.
The electrical sockets used in Portugal are type F. You will therefore need a UK 3 pin to type C/F adaptor in order to plug in your appliances.
FITNESS AND MEDICAL
We always strive to make experiences as accessible as possible. We will do everything we can to accommodate any special requests or requirements to the best of our ability. We will use our knowledge and first-hand experience to create the best possible holiday for you and make recommendations as to how this can be achieved.
In order to make sure you have the best possible experience we need to be notified at the time of booking (or as early as possible) if you or any member of your party is pregnant or has any medical condition, food allergies or disability that may affect your holiday. Please also provide details of any special requirements as a result of the above and contact us to discuss whether any of these may affect the booking. We will always offer the best possible advice so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to clarify any information.
We ask that you are entirely transparent and honest when asked about your fitness for greater enjoyment and safety.
When introducing healthy nutritional and additional training changes it is possible to experience some physical and/or emotional changes after a few hours or within a couple of days. More drastic changes can be accompanied by stronger reactions such as headaches, nausea, joint pains, irritability and skin rashes.
Wherever possible, slow, gentle changes are preferable and less of a shock to the system so, in order to allow your body to make a gentle transition into Inspirit Retreats Health and Fitness Regime, we would like to offer a few guidelines for you to follow prior to your arrival.
Ideally you should start to make some changes about 4 weeks before your arrival by limiting your intake of certain foods and drinks, namely containing refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol and processed foods.
Overall, decrease of the caffeine to 1-2 cup a day, keeping alcohol to a minimum, keeping processed/junk foods to the minimum, try to get yourself at least 1 gym session a week (we keep provide you with a session to complete to get your body ready using some resistance). Please make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated (1l= 25kg of bodyweight).
Adhering to this programme will help achieve a gentle transition into the nutritional changes to be made and you will be less likely to suffer from unwanted effects of those changes. We appreciate that due to your current lifestyle this may be difficult to do but any change you can make will be beneficial and help you to get the most out of your time spent with us.